Best Countertop Cleaners And Methods
Valencia Countertops is proud to answer your call for “countertop installation near me.”
We offer a variety of stunning granite and quartz materials to be a beautiful centerpiece in your kitchen design and tie the entire aesthetic together.
When you find the perfect countertops and have them professionally installed, it’s important to know how to care for and maintain them for the years ahead. Doing so helps preserve the integrity and shine of your countertops and prevents them from being damaged as well.
Here are a few of our recommendations for cleaning your countertops.
Cleaning Countertops The Right Way
- Have two towels on hand—one for applying the cleaning solution and rinsing your countertops afterward, and one for drying. Microfiber cloths or kitchen towels will do the trick!
- Dish soap is an excellent cleaning solution for countertops. It’s tough on grease yet gentle on stone without wearing down its surface or sealant. Plus, dish soap is convenient since you likely already have a bottle in your kitchen.
- Keep in mind the difference between cleaning and disinfecting. Since countertops are high-touch surfaces used for food prep, it’s important to disinfect them often. Just remember to stay away from bleach, vinegar, or acidic cleaners as these can damage natural stone. A disinfecting wipe or kitchen antibacterial cleaner should work well.
- Have the sealer on natural stone countertops refreshed annually. This helps keep moisture and stains from seeping into the porous stone and causing permanent stains or damage.
- If your countertops have small stains, use baking soda and warm water to gently scrub them away. Just remember this is an abrasive cleaner and can damage your countertop sealant, so be careful and don’t over-do it.
Countertop Installation Near Me
Our team is here to help you select the perfect stone for your countertops and install it to perfection. We look forward to serving you!